ABOUT ASC SIGNAL CORPORATION
With over 40 years of experience in experience designing, building and implementing the world’s most advanced satellite, radar and high-frequency antennas, ASC Signal Corporation were the original innovators in the satellite communications antenna industry. They were acquired in 2015 by Communications and Power Industries (CPI) and continue to manufacture products for broadcast, government, military and enterprise satellite
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- An enormous amount of time and money was spent determining the relationships between availability, capital expenditure, and the worldwide distribution of spare parts.
- Quickly getting spare parts to where they are needed worldwide set huge challenges for requirements planning, distribution management, and physical logistics
- Complexities in combining planning data from different parts of the company, such as sales, development, and manufacturing.
SOLUTIONS AND SERVICES
- Implemented SAP Business All-in-One with SAP best practices
- Optimized requirements planning, procurement, storage, and staging of spare parts
- Implemented consumption-based demand planning and distribution planning
- Automated processes in compliance with strict delivery guidelines
- Optimized planning accuracy, reducing stock levels without affecting the ability to deliver (increasing the proportion of parts immediately available when needed)
- Improved efficiency through automatic ordering of regularly needed parts
- Improved customer satisfaction and relations through faster and more effective spare parts logistics planning