ABOUT SOMERSET TIRE SERVICE
Prior to their acquisition by Mavis Tire Supply Company in 2015, Somerset Tire Service was one of the largest tire and automotive service companies with 157 retail stores, 7 distribution warehouses and over 300 point-of-sale systems in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. STS provided a variety of automotive services for passenger cars, mini vans, light trucks, 4×4’s and SUV’s; along with providing a wide array of top major tire brands such as Dayton, Firestone, Michelin, Goodyear, Toyo, and Bridgestone.
Feel free to download and share this success case in pdf format
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Address the need for a flexible business intelligence (BI) platform to support the company’s retail efforts.
- Establish a unified platform to support 300 retail locations.
- Improve data visibility and delivery to support faster decision making.
- Support expansion of future new retail locations.
SOLUTIONS AND SERVICES
- SAP IS Retail Solution implemented with core modules Sales & Distribution, Finance & Controlling, Production Planning, Business Objects and SAP NetWeaver™ Business Warehouse.
- Improved retail operations with real-time continuous data feeds from store systems.
- Lower operating costs improve inventory management and cash-flow.
- Gained insight into customer’s buying behavior and improved sales by centralizing end-of-day data from all stores.